Saturday, March 28, 2009

Goodbye Grandma

I often listen to youtube songs when I'm engaged in mundane tasks at my desk at work. This week I noticed a song suggested by youtube in the "related videos" list. I hadn't heard it before. It was written by Elton John for the musical version of Billy Elliot. (From wikipedia: The musical revolves around motherless Billy, who trades boxing gloves for ballet shoes. The story of his personal struggle and fulfilment are balanced against a counter-story of family and community strife caused by the eighties' coal miners' strike in Northern England.) I guess this song was cut from the show and now exists only as a demo version. An appropriate week for the song...

2 comments:

BKA said...

That IS an appropriate song...nice find.

jthunt said...

I agree. I don't know where this would have fit into the movie unless the musical has a slightly different story line.