Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer Reading

At the beginning of the summer I set aside 8 books to read - four "professional" books and four "leisure" reading. I read them all and one more (that I picked up cheap at a nearby bookstore)! I have several others I'd like to read, but do you have any suggestions? I'd like to read more of the "classics" and books that "everyone" knows about. For example, I've read books by Steinbeck, Faulkner, Hemingway, Erdrich, Twain, Orwell, etc. I'd like to read some by authors such as Tolstoy, Wharton, Stowe, Morrison, Austen, Hughes, Maguire, etc.

These are the "leisure" ones I've read in the past weeks; I won't bore you with the other titles. You can write to me if you care to know...

The Jungle (Upton Sinclair)
The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
The Souls of Black Folk (W.E.B. DuBois)
My Antonia (Willa Cather)
Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim (David Sedaris)

No comments: