Sunday, July 30, 2006

Saturday Brunch

I think going for brunch is one of my favorite food experiences. Today I tried out Nookies Too (not to be confused with Nookies or Nookies Tree). Since I couldn't decide which of the specials to choose, I opted for "The Sweet Trio" - a little of each along with a side of chicken sausage. I'd definitely go back! There was a short line, but the wait was worth it.

Peach-Raspberry Pancakes: Our buttermilk pancakes loaded with peaches and topped with fresh raspberries and toasted almonds. Served with almond-maple syrup.

Three Berry Brioche French Toast: Brioche bread french toast, topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, served with maple vanilla cream and berry sauce.

Mango & Coconut Pancakes: Bread pudding style cakes infused with sweet mango and toasted coconut, topped with mango coulis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could definitely do without the coconut, but otherwise it looks absolutely scrumptious!!! Remember where it is, so you can take us there sometime when we come to visit you. Or rather to meet you there!

jthunt said...

This looks very beautiful, but I have a feeling it was VERY sweet, too. Not sure I'd like all that for a breakfast! But..I'd still go and try the place out!