Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thriller

My interest in Michael Jackson's music has always been on par with my interest in the Salt Creek tiger beetle and the middle name of the youngest person to sign the American Declaration of Independence. In the last day or two it has been nearly impossible to look online or in the news without finding a reference to the "King of Pop." This video of one of Jackson's songs was made nearly a year ago and is interesting to me since it is one person, a cappella, on 64 different tracks.



The artist, François, writes: Here is a remake of the "Thriller" song that I've entirely recorded with my own voice, using 64 A'cappella tracks. There is therefore no instrument, synthetizer, beatbox, or even to sampler, but only the sound of my voice livened up with Reverb, Equalization and slight Chorus. Regarding looping parts, I've simply used the "looping" technique. I've accomplished this non-commercial project at home, only with a laptop , microphone, headphones and webcam. It's just an artistic challenge, accomplished during my hours of free time, whose purpose is to surprise my close circle and net surfers.

No comments: