Saturday, February 07, 2009

Café Patachou - Indianapolis, IN

Café Patachou (8691 River Crossing Boulevard) has many locations throughout the Indianapolis area. I visited a location in a strip mall near the Fashion Mall. On the Saturday morning I was there, the place was packed. I waited for 20 minutes for a spot at the counter. The patrons seemed cheerful as they waited, helping themselves to coffee from one of two pump pots sitting on the counter. The wait staff bustled from table to table serving typical breakfast/brunch food.

While they have several "Namesake Omelettes" with interesting combinations of ingredients (e.g., The Overachiever: Bacon, Cheddar, Sour Cream and Horseradish), I chose the simpler omelette with a choice of one ingredient: ham for me. Omelettes are prepared with "three fresh jumbo cage-free eggs from local farms" and served with cinnamon toast (or another bread option). It had been a long time since I had eaten cinnamon toast so it was a nice treat.


While I waited I took this blurry photo of a "community" table. There were two couples here who did not know each other. But, as the breakfast on their plates diminished, they had gotten to know each other a lot better. Notice they ordered fresh fruit. (The cinnamon toast was better tasting!)



No comments: