Thursday, April 06, 2006

Is it really food?

When I was in Chicago during spring break, I stopped by Orange (on Harrison) for breakfast/brunch. I got the "pancake flight" - it was St. Patty's day which accounts for the theme of the week. (The green food dye stuck around awhile - ish!) The Guinness and Whiskey appealed most to my Irish self!













(Clockwise from upper left)

Lucky Charms: Pancakes studded with Lucky Charms cereal topped with kiwi coulis and Green River soda reduction.

Irish Cream: Cakes topped with caramelized hazelnuts, served with Irish creme anglaise and garnished with fresh mint.

Whiskey: Whiskey poached golden raisins topped with pan roasted apples, garnished with whiskey gastrique.

Guinness: Guinness infused cream cheese mousse topped with crushed pecans, garnished with sweet Guinness reduction.


They also serve Green Eggs & Ham. I'll have to order this the next time I'm visiting!

No comments: